Monday, August 18, 2008

So, what's a guy supposed to do with a new blog?

So, I was sitting at my computer this morning and realized that it was time for me to enter the blogging universe. I can't say I know what inspired me, and I certainly don't know what this space will become, but I'm looking forward to finding out. For the moment, a little about me. For the past year, I've been studying at Andrews University in Michigan, working on my MDiv degree. A year from now, I will be moving back to Oregon to be a pastor in the Seventh-day Adventist Church. I've been married for just over four years to the love of my life and have a rambunctious 10-month-old daughter that is more and more difficult to keep up with. In addition to school, I'm working as a youth minister in the United Methodist denomination. That experience has taught me that you can't really know much about your own denomination/religion until you really engage with one different from your own.

That has sure opened the eyes of this fifth-generation, never-been-friends-with-anyone-but-those-from-my-own-religion Adventist.

No comments:

Post a Comment